• You are here
  • Forum Header
  • See and review the latest setlists. Post and discuss past setlists.
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

Re: SET LIST: Phil & Friends 12/8/12 The Q!!

#219920 1 year, 9 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
Thanks to philzone.org and Mike Edwards (Mikeedwardsetc) for
P & F - Terrapin Crossroads - 12/08/2012 - Set One

total masters in action!!
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#219926 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
it was help>slip to open the 2nd set. one of the best fucking slipknots i've seen in YEARS.

I think you had an audio hallucination... After a re-listen this morning, I still could not identify this Slipknot! before The Other One. There was noodling, space, boogie woogie, but no Slipknot! in earshot. Please give this another listen in a neutral environment (The power of suggestion is probably overwhelming at TXR), and try to find the Slipknot! Please find it...
I recognize your vivid imagination has been reflected in previous posts, and I don't want to see any damage to your credibility.

www.wmwv.com/Q12-8-Set2-Part1.mp3

try to find it? you made it sound hard. 3:51, check your own credibility.

Thanks man, I listened to it a couple of times, and missed that Slipknot! each time. The band goes off the deep end shortly after it started, and proceeded to explore other regions of the galaxy. I fault myself for not listening better, I was concentrating on Slipknot! being at the transition to The Other One. No hallucination and reinforcement of credibility for you, and a briefly identifiable Slipknot! missed by me.
Thank You Jerry
AcidTestGraduate
Platinum Boarder

#219927 1 year, 9 months ago
Something that would be an incredible read would be for Phil to describe each incarnation of each band he's ever played with. Better than any autobiography I could imagine.
wlewis
Platinum Boarder

#219931 1 year, 9 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
it was help>slip to open the 2nd set. one of the best fucking slipknots i've seen in YEARS.

I think you had an audio hallucination... After a re-listen this morning, I still could not identify this Slipknot! before The Other One. There was noodling, space, boogie woogie, but no Slipknot! in earshot. Please give this another listen in a neutral environment (The power of suggestion is probably overwhelming at TXR), and try to find the Slipknot! Please find it...
I recognize your vivid imagination has been reflected in previous posts, and I don't want to see any damage to your credibility.

Thanks man, I listened to it a couple of times, and missed that Slipknot! each time. The band goes off the deep end shortly after it started, and proceeded to explore other regions of the galaxy. I fault myself for not listening better, I was concentrating on Slipknot! being at the transition to The Other One. No hallucination and reinforcement of credibility for you, and a briefly identifiable Slipknot! missed by me.

those lyrics end, they do the "yeeeeeahhh" and then they hit the first round of do-do-do-do's that is the beginning of slipknot, it includes the ENTIRE jam, wherever it may go, in this case an entire 2nd set. quite a slipknot! if you ask me. but really, the segment until they hit the other one is ethereal. phil starts crashing down on his bass strings from neck to bridge it reminded me of similar sounds you hear him use in late era GD space. there was no area unexplored there.
who else is gonna bring you, a broken arrow?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sustainabill
ZenoMarx
Gold Boarder
PLEASE be quiet when the band is playing. PLEASE.

#219943 1 year, 9 months ago
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:

Is the broadcast at 320 MP3s? I find that hard to believe. Not that I'm ungrateful. I very much appreciate it. Just curious is all. Wondering if it was transcoded to 320 from 128 or 160, which is much more common for a video broadcast. I don't think even Weir broadcasts at 320, and his online broadcasts are the finest I've seen. Difficult to believe we're still sending compressed signals (and charging for them), but we'll get there.
You aren't interesting or clever when you write or speak in the lyrics of others. Rather, what are YOUR words?
Sustainabill
Platinum Boarder
Muchas Garcias

#219959 1 year, 9 months ago
wlewis wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:
Sustainabill wrote:
wlewis wrote:

those lyrics end, they do the "yeeeeeahhh" and then they hit the first round of do-do-do-do's that is the beginning of slipknot, it includes the ENTIRE jam, wherever it may go, in this case an entire 2nd set. quite a slipknot! if you ask me. but really, the segment until they hit the other one is ethereal. phil starts crashing down on his bass strings from neck to bridge it reminded me of similar sounds you hear him use in late era GD space. there was no area unexplored there.

I like your perspective. I also felt similar about the space segment immediately preceeding The Other One.
Thank You Jerry
Time to create page: 0.27 seconds